Molt Be Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

It just occurred to me...

I'm listening to the Roberts hearing live on npr in New York,wnyc, and it just occurred to me that Bush and Co may not have put Roberts in for his conservative values, but rather for his position on privatization and corporate entitlement. My guess can only be that Roberts is big into helping rich people get richer, otherwise Rove never would have told Bush to nominate him. I'm starting to gather from his testimony that he's not morally evil, but might be a strong supporter of greed. As far as I can tell, it looks like he's going to get nominated. Only time will tell if he's being honest with his half-answers today.
And YC pointed me to this articel in the Guardian (who just changed their print format to an awesome new little version at a cost of $62 million, by the way). The article states the obvious fact that corporations dodging taxes is what causes poverty to continue in our times.

No comments: