Molt Be Blog

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

After hearing "you can go if you need to" from work, I split and made it home by 6:15. Thereupon, I sat through the second half of Spartacus, which I couldn't bear to finish last night. It's dated. Kirk Douglas has a weird chin. Enough said.
I spent another little while pretending to ignore the show "The Starlet" on the WB that R was watching, while secretly keeping my ear tuned and loathing the characters I was supposed to loath and rooting for the characters I'm supposed to empathize with. My cover for this secret listening campaign was creating new buttons for the left side of the volunteers website. I completed this, but it took until now, instead of an hour ago. Oh well.
This is amusing:

Noting that the Justice Department had not used the law to demand library records, Mr. Gonzales said: "It should not be held against us that we've exercised, in my judgment, restraint. It's comparable to a police officer who carries a gun for 15 years and never draws it. Does that mean that for the next five years he should not have that weapon because he had never used it?" [link]

No comments: