Molt Be Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2005



The Faint
The Faint
Bright Eyes
Bright Eyes

The Faint put on a great show last night, as usual. The set was similar to the last time that we saw them. Yet again, the lead guitarist danced more than he played. I have to wonder how much of the music that's coming back is actually being made on stage. Their drummer works extremely hard, but the rest of the band spend a lot of time just lolling about for fifteen seconds and then strumming their guitars or striking their keyboards.
The Faint was really just the opener for Bright Eyes (aka Conor Oberst), but R and I left only three or four songs into his set. I had no idea that Oberst had such a thirteen year old following until we got to the show and saw all the Under 21 hand markings, unwashed hair, oversized t-shirts and smelled that distinct scent of confused hormones. Ah! Teenage angst... with parental accompaniment. Oberst struck myself and everyone else I talked to as creepy. He also chose to do songs off of Digital Ash in a Digital Urn, the electronic LP released at the same time as his more "countrified" I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning, which I think is just plain better. His decision to play the electronic stuff was clearly influenced by the presence of The Faint, whose drummer, bassist and keyboardist all came on for as much of Oberst's performance as I saw (they're on the left in the picture).
My mom sent me a link to this comic, today.
On Thursday night, R and I watched the movie Saved!. I recommend it highly.
This three day weekend is going to rock. My only responsibility is to get a hair cut and I'm taking care of that this evening... Oh wait, I'm supposed to do a bunch of website stuff. Always with the forgetting of the responsibilities.

No comments: