Molt Be Blog

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Older, Wiser, Faster, Stronger



One Stuffed Cat
One Stuffed Cat
Two Kittens
Two Kittens

Well, I'm a year older thanks to time. I feel no different. I think I might actually be in better shape than I was a year ago and I definitely haven't aged mentally. My spelling hasn't gotten any better and my overuse of commas, really, just isn't going away.
My Mom and Sister drove down from NY to surprise me, which was really nice. Unfortunately, Mom reminded me that while I might be 25, I'm actually working on year 26. And here I was thinking that I was going to be 25 for a year, when in fact, I've just finished my twenty-fifth year. I feel like I aged two years thanks to this "revelation". Thanks a lot, Mom!
The kittens are terrorizing everything they can get their adorable little claws on this morning. The kitten Jihad only ends when they're eating or sleeping. Otherwise it's like Hezbollah and Al Qaeda joined forces, turned themselves into kittens and decided to eat houseplants and chew on network cables. As you can see in the picture on the right, they weren't so active when mom and sis were visiting. It looks like we had grey stuffed in the first picture, but I swear, we didn't... much.
This news about Citigroup losing customers' personal data is especially disturbing, since R had her debit card used fraudulently yesterday. Some idiot used her debit card to pay their electric bill in Baltimore. We had the DC police over here to write up a report so she can get her money back from Citibank, but seriously, how dumb do you have to be to pay your utilities with a stolen debit card? She called B-more Gas and Electric and they had the person's address in two seconds... too bad they weren't allowed to give it to us or we would have... umm... written them mean-spirited letters. Yeah! The officer who came over was really nice and we had a nice nerdy chat about BlackBerries and Treos and how his Treo is a lemon.
The Supreme Court ruling yesterday on the federal government being allowed to prosecute medical marijuana users sounds like the biggest waste of time I've ever heard of. Are these people hurting anyone? Then again, I think the court had to rule that way so that it wouldn't mess up other laws dictating the control of other drugs (illegal or no). I could maybe see prosecuting those who are fraudulently claiming to be using pot for medical purposes... and even then, who really cares? I don't want to get into a whole war-on-drugs/waste-of-time thing, but seriously, potheads aren't hocking their possessions for drugs or robbing liquor stores. The dealers that run around in gangs, on the other hand, might be involved in more illegal stuff than even the prescription-drug dealers... though, that's hard to imagine.
Late for work. Off I go.

No comments: