Molt Be Blog

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I hate you, Sidewalk Closed sign

Yes. I’m about to bitch about this street sign.

They’re doing some work on U street and put up one of these signs telling me to walk on the other side of the road. I can’t stand these things! I’m not going to cross the street because you’re working on the sidewalk or, even more infuriating, a building above the sidewalk. This happens in DC all the time and I’ve never seen it happen back in NYC, but maybe they’re just a more pedestrian-focused city. The fact that no one actually pays attention to these signs leaves tons of people walking in the street wherever the sidewalk is closed. I say, shut down a lane of vehicular traffic for pedestrian use. We’re going to do it anyway, but at least it would be safer than what goes on now.

No comments: