Molt Be Blog

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

New Toy

I finally got the new toy that I've been longing after: my 15" 2.33Ghz Macbook Pro. It arrived yesterday while I was in ColdFusion class and someone was nice enough to sign for it (bless his/her soul). I got to spend a few hours with it last night and a few more this evening to start getting everything set up. I couldn't believe how easy it was to get the old mini set up as a file server so that now I can either log into it and have full access to all its drives and files while I'm on the home network or remotely (once I get a static IP).

My New MacBook Pro


I'm already looking into the barrage of hacks and nifty stuff for the new device, including the Smackbook and Shadowbook. (It turns out that just downloading Virtue Desktop will add this functionality as its been incorporated.) It took a minute to get it working, but I really just needed to crank the sensitivity way up.

The new Macbook gets a little hot, which explains why there was a cat on top of it almost immediately after I got it.
My New MacBook Pro with a Cat


In other news, I start my new job this coming Monday working as a Web Developer. This week, it's nothing but ColdFusion training all day long... well, Monday through Wednesday, at least.

This past weekend I participated in the one and only DC Idiotarod and was pleased to find out from the results that us Astronuts weren't last and also beat Jorge's Irish Cart Bombs. It makes all the wig wearing and running really worth it... wait. It would have been worth it even if we'd stopped at the first bar and never finished. There should be plenty of pictures floating around the web, but a bunch at should be up on flickr tagged with dcidiotarod and the folks at smashed have linked to a bunch as well.

I haven't had too much time to look at the news lately, but judging by its first paragraph coverage in The Note (learn it, love it) this and other US Attorney stories are going to be a pretty big deal. There's also the Libby verdict, which has the White House reeling a little bit more (back up to that cliff, bitches!)
Here are some of the other most blogged about stories that I found interesting (as found through technorati:
Evolution and Religion - Darwin's God
Oprah's Ugly Secret
The GOP takes issue with Coulter's "anitgay epithet
and
The Arcade fire gets some more (deserved) attention, this time from the NYT.

1 comment:

fabulous fabs said...

greg, this post was real nerdy. i'm upset i only understood 5% of it (the part about the macbook getting warm and the cat sitting on it- i get that!!). it sure is pretty though.