Molt Be Blog

Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday.... not so special?

I didn't think Friday would seem as special when I hadn't been at work all week, but here it is and it's pretty awesome. Had a great day yesterday going to the Democratic GAIN career fair and was able to hand out my resume for database work to a bunch of different groups, including one that is screening candidates for the various presidential campaigns. Now that could be interesting.

After the career fair I went out to lunch with DS where he tried (and succeeded) in getting me to break my drinking rule... but it was only one beer and it was taken with food, so that doesn't really count, does it? Is this the starting point of a spiral into hobo-ness? I think not. I made up for the beer by going through all of the contacts I got at the career fair and sending them electronic copies of the resume.

It paid off: since I started this entry this morning, I've gotten two more interviews scheduled for next week from contacts I made yesterday. It Almost makes me want to stop bothering to looking for jobs today, but I need to keep the rhythm going if this is all going to pan out in the next few months.

R found out that she has Monday off, so we're taking the opportunity to head up to NY to visit my folks and to check out Mike's show in Brooklyn.

All for now. Interview at 2:15 and then going to look at linens and plates and such for the wedding at 3:30.

No comments: