Molt Be Blog

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

A recent conversation:
Other Person: What is civilazation iii
Other Person: by the name I can tell it is for complete losers
Other Person: like dungeons and dragons
Me: It's a computer game where you build a civilization. It's kind of like D&D b/c there are turns. I played the first one in MIDDLE SCHOOL.
Other Person: and promptly realized it wouldn't impress girls
Me: Nope. Never realized that. I think that's when I got really into YoYos and Juggling. Things that also don't impress girls.
Other Person: juggling is kind of cool
Other Person: kind of
Me: nope
Other Person: but yoyos kill it
Me: It's cool until you realize how long someone had to practice... then you realize that they must have used up their free time practicing juggling... then you recognize them as a loser.
Me: it's a simple logical progression to loserdom that jugglers are blind to.
Me: I mean, really. Read an f'n book.
Other Person: or practice juggling....I guess the book might make you more interesting whereas hours spent practicing juggling will certainly not.

No comments: