Molt Be Blog

Monday, November 03, 2003

During a fundraising speech (about 2 minutes ago), Bush said: "Free nations don't develop weapons of mass terror." I'm confused: Don't we develop tons of weapons that would cause terror for anyone that we used them on? and What's he doing giving fundraising speeches?
He also bothers to say that "if you have problems with the neighborhood you live in, it's your responsibility to do something about it." Is this what my taxes are paying for? Somebody to tell me that if I don't like something I should go fix it myself? Even if it's something like the school system or crime? Are we all supposed to be vigilantes and activists? I thought that government would help to give us safer neighborhoods and better schools. But, apparently, we're in a new era of responsibility where it's my job to clean up this town, not the job of my elected officials. Hmmm... I'm all for activism, but Bush can't just forfeit responsibility for the state of the nation, which is really what this whole "new era of responsibility thing seems to be about.

No comments: