Molt Be Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Digital Box Debate

I've mentioned this before, but the whole digital cable box thing is really starting to ruffle my feathers.
ABC's article today on the government requirement to switch over to digital signals by 2009 mentions the part that of all of this that I find the most infuriating. Just like they did before with the analog spectrum, it looks like the government is going to auction it off again.

What's not often said is that much of the signal spectrum will be auctioned off to wireless and broadband companies that want to provide ever fancier phone and Internet services. That auction is expected to bring $10 billion or more to the U.S. Treasury.

Is everyone else ok with the government auctioning off the airwaves? They've done it before. Maybe I'll get my own station this time.

No comments: