Molt Be Blog

Monday, July 18, 2005

New Place, Same Blog




Our New Street
Our New Street
The "Italian" Kitchen
The "Italian" Kitchen
The Bravery
The Bravery - Rockin' Like the Killers (just kidding)
The Bravery 02
The Bravery - Rockin' It a Bit More Dim

We're almost all moved in! R and I just have a few more loads off stuff to carry from our old place to our new place. I threw up some pictures on the right of our new street and what the kitchen looked like before we moved in. We haven't really gotten everything out of the way such that I could take a picture of what the kitchen looks like now, but if you can imagine the countertop stuffed with utensils and other crap, I think you get the idea. Let's see: I spent some time today changing my address with HR at work. Our new phone line gets set up tomorrow. DSL gets set up on July 29th, but I brought over my wireless card in case a neighbor's network wasn't encrypted. Lo and behold, here I am blogging over someone else's connection. I doubt they'll notice, since this takes up no bandwidth, but I suppose the good thing to do is to get my own internet connection... oh well. I have pipe dreams about becoming president of the condo board and organizing a network for the building where we could all just split the cost of a T1 line. Doubtful and nerdy, but it could happen!
We went through settlement this afternoon and had no hiccups. The closing costs were $500 higher than the estimate that we got on Friday, but $1000 lower than the estimate that we got three weeks ago, so I can't complain too much.
Ok, work in the morning and the excitement of being able to do this for free is starting to wear off. Just a lot of trash to throw out and some clothes to take over. Almost there. Remind me via email or comment to never, ever, ever move again. What a pain in the ass. I know I'll move in at most seven years, but I'll say this now anyway.
I threw two pictures from The Bravery show last Friday up so that AM can complain about not being that interested in the pictures of bands on my blog (ha!). This next weekend is the family reunion near lake Ontario and the next weekend after that R and I are each taking Thurs and Fri off and heading to Austin via Dallas for a wedding. It's going to be fun, but the timing couldnt' be worse for these two events, given that we have to paint our old place back to its original colors before we leave. Insanity. Luckily, I think I might still have my mechanic's jumpsuit to wear while I paint. It says Ron and that I work for "La Salle Auto" or some such business, but it keeps the paint off my jams.
Seriously, what am I still doing awake. I think I'll check the news. Maybe Karl Rove has managed to get himself into more trouble. I can't wait to see his stupid, evil ass fired. Then he can go work for a lobbying firm or conservative think tank and get paid millions for doing the same thing he's doing now, but with no culpability. Wait a second, that's not a fitting punishment!

No comments: