Molt Be Blog

Monday, October 18, 2004

If anyone hasn't seen the footage of Jon Stewart on Crossfire, do it NOW.
And, oh, what's this? More dark pictures of bands at the 930 club?
R and I went to see The Faint last night and I was pleasanlty surprised to find that TV on the Radio was opening. First we had to wait through Beep Beep, which is on the same label as The Faint, but not quite the same level of "rockin'". The Faint put on a great show and were decidedly more dancy than I had expected from their tracks that I'd heard before. TV on the Radio were a close second for quality music and will probably gain a lot of fans on their tour.
We did notice a few other things.
(1) One of the guitarists for Beep Beep looks remarkably like Billy Corgan.
(2) The lead guitarist for The Faint dances more than he plays and also helps to put the band squarely into the category of "sissy-rock" (a term that I cannot take credit for, but enjoy using as of last night).
(3) The Faint was so loud that by the end of the night much of my hair had fallen out and I still can't hear out of my left ear... which also fell off.
(4) If you look really closely you can see that the Bassist for The Faint also played with Beep Beep (or was it the other way around? The sheer mystery of it all!!!)
(5) The pants on that Billy Corgan guy (furthest to left) are waaaaaaaay too high. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Pictures below (duh):







No comments: