Molt Be Blog

Thursday, July 08, 2004

We're back from Poland! Today was my first real day on the job. Granted I've been working there for the last year, today was my first day on salary. So that was pretty big stuff. I switched cubicles and everything... might even get a new computer next week.
An amazing time was had at the wedding in Krakow. R and I got to see tons of old friends and eat, walk and drink to our hearts' contents.
I lost my camera on a bus, though.
That sucked.
Otherwise, it was an awesome trip.
On the way home we got to witness some strange behavior at Gatwick airport in London. While getting our boarding passes at the US Airways desk, the US Diplomat standing next to us was observed saying "OK, girls. Let's pray... Holy Jesus... blah blah blah... Amen." to his four children as they were waiting for further details on why there weren't allowed to bring a parakeet as on board luggage. From what R and I could tell, this man had a United States Diplomat passport and a Norweigan wife. All I could think was that some diplomat to Norway from the US is a bit more into Jesus than I would want a representative of the US to be... especially one who needs to take his parakeet on board.
I looked around on the web for half an hour or so, but couldn't come up with a picture of the guy to recognize and put a name to... I'll keep working on it, though.

No comments: