Molt Be Blog

Friday, July 09, 2004

I almost forgot: go see Farenheit 911 immediately.
A few other quick points before I have to run out the door to sit in my cube:
I've recently run into a few arguement for the election of GWB that are so fallible it makes me cringe.
(1) I'm voting for him because he's a good leader
No. He isn't. He might be a good persuader and he might make you think that he's leading you, but it's mostly his cronies that are doing the leading and even so, have you ever considered where he's leading you?
(2) I'm voting for Bush because the world is a better place without Saddam Hussein
No. It isn't. Who told you that, anyway? Iraq might be a better place, but even that is argueable. There were no WMDs, no chemical weapons, no nuclear programs and no Iraqi terrorists with links to Al Qaeda. Were any of the 911 hijackers from Iraq? Nope. Were 15 of them from Saudi Arabia? Yes. Did we invade Iraq? Yes. Does that make sense?
When was the last time Saddam or an Iraqi had attacked an American citizen?
Has our level of safety increased since the Iraq war? According to a study released by your government that is leading you so well there were more acts of terrorism in 2003 than in any other year previous.
(3) I'm voting for Bush because I'm ignorant
No arguement.

No comments: