Molt Be Blog

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Bible Study

Religion and the bible seem to be popping up a lot lately; there's this whole Pastor Ted thing going on and I also just finished reading a great article on Atheism in the latest issue of Wired.
My wanderings led me to a few different places that are definitely worth a look:
Slate Blogs the Bible has Slate's David Plotz reading through the "good book" and logging
A video on YouTube of Oxford Professor Richard Dawkins arguing with Pastor Ted himself about evolution popped up as particularly popular on technorati.com and is actually a segment of the larger documentary "The Root of All Evil", which can be found on Google Video here.
Another interesting spot is the Skeptics Annotated Bible, which reads through the bible and makes whiny gripes every five verses or so.
There's also Capella's guide to Atheism.
In other news, R and I saw Borat! last night and it was fan-freaking-tastic. I'd recommend it to anyone. In fact, I recommend it to you, right now.
We've also been hitting the gym pretty hard in preparation for being seen on the beach in the Dominican when we're there for a wedding over Thanksgiving. I'm up to four miles in 35 minutes, which is crap compared to what I used to run in high school... but since it's been almost 10 years since then, I guess I can't be too disappointed.
Tonight we're off to the engagement party of some friends of ours in Adams Morgan, but for the moment, I have a load of laundry to fold.

No comments: