Molt Be Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Went to see Badly Drawn Boy (aka Damon Gough) at the 930 club this evening. Forgot to take my camera, so there'll be no dark pictures of men with guitars on the page for this one.
These weeknight concerts kick the crap out of me, so I had to leave after the first hour and a half. He claimed that he and the band had played for four hours at their last show, but I just can't stay out that late... Please email here to make fun of me.
To start, BDB played his newest album "One Plus One is One" in its entirety. This was awesome to see since I'd seen him before, but hadn't seen any of the new stuff. There were some serious sound problems at the beginning and at least three songs had to be stopped and begun anew. Something about him not being able to hear himself (turn the monitor up). Me think that Mr. Gough was a bit sauced and is an angry drunk, but he played a damned good show either way. I was also happy to hear of his disdain for Mr. Bush, Mr. Blair, and calling Korn "shite".
Ok, off to bed so that I can be at work at 8:30 (which is a new thing since I was told to quit slacking off and getting in at 9:00...)

No comments: