Molt Be Blog

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Bush Babbling Like an Idiot

Watch and learn as Lauer gives Bush the whatfor on torture... I still wish he'd pressed him a little harder, as Bush just kept reframing the question to babble on about protecting the American people from those who want to "kill your families".

Lauer: If waterboarding... if that was legal and within the law, why couldn't you do it at Guantanamo? Why'd you have to go to a secret location around the world?
Bush: Matt, I'm not going to talk about techniques. And I'm not going to explain to the enemy what we're doing. All I'm telling you is that you asked if we're doing things to protect the American people and I want the American people to know we are doing so.
...
Lauer: Are you concerned that in using these techniques you're blurring the lines between us and the people we're fighting against?
Bush: The best information we can get is from people we take off the battlefield so we can act on it. So we can stop plots before they happen.
Whatever we have done is legal. That's what I'm saying. It's within. the law. We had lawyers look at it. They said, "Mr. President, this is lawful." That's all I'm going to tell you. I'm not going to tell you specifically what's done because I don't want the enemy to adjust. This... We're at war! These are people who want to come and kill your families. And I'm confident that the American people understand that.

No comments: