Molt Be Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2004

It's 7:18 on a saturday morning and I'm already up. R and I are on a stakeout this morning to find the person who keeps stealing our newspaper... specifically the yellow section wrapped in plastic that contains the Sunday comics (how the Sunday comics can appear on Saturdays I'll never understand). I'll be using my handy dandy camera's video function to catch whoever it is red handed.
It's pretty early, my breath stinks, and the paper hasn't even been delivered yet.
Once the bait arrives and the trap is set, I'll be sitting by the door listening intently and looking through the peephole. This will probably cause me some neck pain, but it's worth it.
R is convinced that it's this woman at the end of the hall who is sending her kids to do her dirty work. I think this is a pretty good assumption. Adults probably have a lot more trouble with stealing a newspaper because they think about the consequences of the actions... some of them... not W. Children, on the other hand, really like comics and couldn't comprehend what their actions will lead to if they tried. I'm a licensed psychologist, so that whole analysis is totally valid... The other advantage of using kids is, of course, that they might not be tall enough to see through the peephole.

No comments: